The American Diabetes Association® EXPO is a free event in two days on Saturday, October 15th at the Minneapolis Convention Center in Hall E between 9:00am – 3:00pm. Only participants that pre-register will receive a goodie bag when they enter the show floor. All participants will be asked to fill out a registration card prior to entering unless you have pre-registered for the EXPO.
Check out the Day of Event Program. The program contains a complete list of screenings, exhibitors, the floor plan, and schedule of events which include speakers, cooking demonstrations, fitness demonstration, and more. The program also contains Pathways to Better Health (pages 8-11) which are recommendations of what to see and do at the EXPO based on the type of diabetes you or your family member has. The Pathways to Better Health is sponsored by Novo Nordisk, Inc.
Here are some of the highlights happening at the EXPO:
- Over 10 free screenings which include BMI, hearing, cholesterol, kidney, A1C, and more. There also will be flu shots available.
- Cooking demonstrations and a new celebrity chef on the Healthy Eating Stage presenting the latest delicious recipes.
- Novo Nordisk Diabetes Educators will deliver presentations focused on healthy eating and meal planning.
- Dynamic and engaging interviews and prize drawings held throughout the day on the main stage.
- Family focused activities, game, and planting in the kids area.
EXPO Pre-Registration: Remember, participants that pre-register for the EXPO will be able to enter the EXPO and have access to the entire hall starting at 8:45am and will receive a goodie bag.
- We require each individual to register, instead of one per group/family. Please take this into account when preparing for the Diabetes EXPO. Consider pre-registering to avoid lines on the day of the event.
Transportation Options: Download our free Metro Transit pass to ride any bus or light rail to the event. Check the Diabetes EXPO website for a charter bus coming to the EXPO from your area.
Thank you for the support of our Sponsors: Novo Nordisk, Inc, The Diabetes Education Program, Delta Dental, Minnesota Lions Diabetes Foundation, Metro Transit, and the YMCA.
For more information about the EXPO, visit www.diabetes.org/expominneapolis.